Lutheran Church of Peace has a strong and dedicated group of women who gather for Bible Study and fellowship. There are four groups that meet monthly. New members are always welcome.
- Deborah and Martha Circles meet together on the third Thursday at 12:30 p.m.
- Esther Circle meets on the second Thursday at 9:30 a.m.
- Miriam Circle meets on the second Wednesday at 1:00 p.m.
- Lydia Circle meets on the third Monday at 7:00 p.m.
In addition to monthly gatherings, we sponsor Saturday Morning Coffee Talk events with a variety of speakers. We host an annual Soup and Salad Luncheon in the spring and a Craft and Bake Sale in the fall. Proceeds from these events are distributed to a variety of ministries within the church and outside of our walls.
The women of these Circles support many Social Action initiatives:
- We sew quilts for the Alley Shoppe
- We assemble Newborn Kits for Global Health Ministry
- We provide emergency food boxes for families in urgent need
- We sponsor Tanzanian students with scholarships
- We support the annual Block Party for our church neighbors
We are active participants in the agenda of the Women of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America.
- The WELCA Mission Statement is to mobilize women
- To act boldly in their faith
- To value themselves and others as disciples created in God’s image and redeemed through Jesus Christ and to build up and Celebrate relationships that are global, diverse and interdependent.
- To provide a variety of learning and growth experiences that strengthen each woman as a disciple and develop her sense of call as a Child of God.
- To enable each woman to articulate and act upon her faith as a disciple of Jesus in her life.
The Bible is filled with stories of Jesus using strong women to carry his message. We humbly walk our faith journeys with each other, doing the work God asks of us. Come and join us in this walk. If you have any questions, please contact our Board President, Barb Bonham or the church office at 651-739-7094.